Fukuoka Women’s University is offering its short-term study abroad program to ambitious female students focusing on Japanese culture from April 2014, to March, 2015. The students can choose to participate in the program for either 1 year or 1 semester (starting April or September 2015). During the Spring Semester (April – August) the program will be focusing on Japanese traditional culture, and throughout the Fall Semester (September – March) emphasis is placed on Japanese contemporary culture. Students can opt for an Independent Study Project either focusing on contemporary or traditional topics. This program is available for major liberal arts, social sciences, natural sciences as well as Japanese studies majors.
Scholarship includes 80,000 JYP per month (budget pending), reimbursement of air fare (round-trip) up to 100,000 JYP , accommodation fees at student dormitory waived (the utility fee of 9,000 JYP is not waived). The duration of scholarship is either 1 year (April 1, 2014 – February 28, 2015 OR October 1, 2014 – August 28, 2015) or 1 semester (April 1 – August 29, 2014 OR October 1, 2014 – February 28, 2015)
- Undergraduate students of UGM
- Complete application form
- GPA minimum 3.0 in scale of 4.0 (Proven with Official Academic Transcript)
- An essay: Why I want to join the FWU’s WJC Program (A4, 800 – 1000 words)
- Two recommendation letters
- An independent study project proposal (A4 paper: title, objective, methodology, progress to date if applicable)
- Certificate of physical examination
- Proficient in English – TOEFL ITP 550, TOEFL PBT 550, TOEFL IBT 60, or IELTS 6.0 (taken within 2 years) (TOEFL Prediction will not be accepted)
- A statement of purpose defining student’s academic career and personal motivations for studying abroad at Ibaraki University
- Certificate of enrollment, copy of passport – on A4 size paper, Curriculum Vitae, letter of permission/nomination from faculty to OIA UGM
For application form can be obtained in the website: click here
All the documents (2 copies) must be submitted to Kantor Urusan Internasional (KUI) F13 no later than December 17, 2013.
Office of International Affairs
Universitas Gadjah Mada